Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Special Day



Today Sophie's preschool had a Mother's Day Tea for all the moms and it was the sweetest thing! They had the two four year old classes join together and the children sang to us four precious songs (they had been practicing the songs for weeks). After they sang to us they had lunch fixed for each one of us that the children helped prepare! We had yellow table cloths, flowers in the center of the table, and special place mats that they had made with our hand prints and our child's hand prints on them with a special poem. They gave us little cookbooks with each child's favorite recipe in them and we also got a hand painted wooded flowerpot frame with our child's photo in it. We ate turkey wraps, chocolate chip muffins, lemon truffles covered in white chocolate (my favorite), chips, sweet tea, graham crackers with icing and sprinkles, and also fruit salad - so yummy! I was so blown away and blessed by the whole thing, especially that the school and the teachers had spent so much time on all of it for us. We even had handmade corsages! Everything was so special and precious - I just loved it and of course cried and gave Sophie tons of hugs and kisses. What I loved about it too was the Sophie was soooo proud of all she had done in school for us and was so excited for me to see it. It really showed me how much she loves and appreciates me as a mom. Mother's Day is really my most favorite time of the year now that I have children. I get to celebrate being a mom and get to spend all day with my family. I love it! I had such a great time today at Sophie's school and the exciting thing is that I still get Mother's Day on Sunday as well. I can't wait!

No comments: