"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12
Prayer time at our house is always special. It usually occurs right before Sophie goes to bed. Sometimes Luke is with us, but usually he is already asleep. Sophie will sometimes say the prayers herself, but usually Nick or I say them. We are always praying for friends and family who have special needs. For many months now we have been praying for some very special friends of ours. They are a couple who greatly desire to have children. We had prayed faithfully for them, but it seemed that they could not get pregnant. I was so afraid that it just wasn't going to happen for them and my heart was broken for them. I knew how much they desired to be parents and for God to bless them with children so we continued to pray asking God to bless them with a child. Sophie knows the couple and she would hear us pray for them and would join us in the prayer. A few days ago I got a call from my friend. She is pregnant! I was thrilled and I ran to tell Sophie. She of course was excited and said, "Momma we prayed for them!" I said, "I know, God answered our prayers, isn't that exciting!" God is good...not only has he blessed this sweet couple with a precious baby, but He spoke to Sophie and showed her His faithfulness in answering our prayers for them. Now our prayers are for a healthy pregnancy that leads to a healthy baby boy or girl.
Friday, May 9, 2008
An Answered Prayer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
wonderful news for your friend! i love hearing stories like that....He is so faithful to us! thanks for sharing your blog, merri. i loved getting the update on all of you and seeing the cute pics of your kiddos...we have a couple red heads in our little clan, too. in the meantime, welcome to the blogworld..i'll send you an invite to my blog, too.
Great blog! Look forward to following you and your family. Happy Mother's Day!
Merri,
What a great story! It's always encouraging to actually realize when prayers are answered!!!
AND ... welcome to the world of blogging!
<3
Meredith
welcome to the blogosphere merri!
hugs your way,
nancy
Post a Comment