Sophie's PreK graduation was today and it was so sweet. The children sang songs about their Mommys, Daddys, finishing preschool, and being all ready for Kindergarten. She even received a diploma! We had lunch afterwards that all the parents helped with. I cried when she sang and when her teacher spoke about the year and how she is going to miss them. I cried when she got her diploma and when I looked around her classroom and saw how empty it looks without their beautiful artwork on the wall. It was sad, but a good sad. It is bittersweet. She is finished with preschool, but totally ready for Kindergarten. I can't believe my little girl is ready for Kindergarten! She is such a big girl, but is still little to me. She has grown so much in the past year and is truly ready for school next year. It is amazing how fast she has grown into the little young lady she is today. I can't wait to see what Kindergarten has in store for her. She is going to love it I know!
"Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:5
Friday, May 16, 2008
My Little Big Girl
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Congrats Sophie! She is a beautiful little lady!
I can't believe she's going to be in kindergarten! Congrats to Sophie!!!
Aww! It IS so bittersweet isn't it? Annlee will have her little program this week for 3 yr preschool and Kaylin next week for Kindergarten and I know I'm going to be emotional as well!
Congrats to Sophie!
How exciting! I can't believe it! I was going through some old pictures over the weekend and found one that I had taken of Sophie at a UGA football game - she must have been around a year old, maybe 11 months. Time sure does fly!
Post a Comment