Monday, May 5, 2008

Finally....

I have wanted to create a blog for sometime now and I have finally done it! I am very excited about it. I am always thinking about things to write in a blog, but just hadn't created it yet! I of course am supposed to be cleaning house, but am now distracted by my new blog - the story of my life (always distracted away from cleaning)! I am looking forward to writing about how I see God move in and through my daily life, how my children challenge and bless me each day, and of course sharing lots of photos of my little family. Today is Monday and it was a really good day. I had lots of time at home with the kiddos this afternoon and we had fun. I am loving the weather right now and the flowers that are in bloom everywhere! Sophie and Luke love to play outside which is great for me, because I love being out there with them.
My little guy Luke got into our Memory game box today and there were pieces everywhere - but he loved it. He kept coming up to me while I was at the computer and would give me a little hug...soooo sweet! He is 14 months old today and is always smiling and giving lots of love to everyone. What a blessing he is! I certainly feel the love of God through the love my children give me each day. Sophie also loves to give hugs and kisses regularly and she always has. I enjoy it so much, because I know it won't last forever.
I actually had a short quiet time today in the car before I had to get Luke from Mom's morning out and Sophie from school. I was so excited as I don't seem to have quiet times as much as I would like. I have been struggling with this for sometime now. I so desire to spend time time with the Lord each day, but somehow it gets to the end of the day and I am dragging myself to bed so exhausted. I really want to be disciplined and find a time each day that I do it regularly. I just recently started getting up earlier 2 to 3 days a week to exercise - so I am now trying to get used to that. One day soon I am hoping to get up even earlier and have my quiet time each day. For those of you who know me well know that this is a huge struggle!! I am definitely not a morning person, but have also been praying that God would help me change my crazy sleep schedule and be more of a morning person and less of a night owl. Anywho...I did get to have a quiet time today and I wanted to share some of the scripture I read: "Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. Look to the Lord and his strength ; seek his face always." Psalm 105:3-4 More confirmation for me to continually seek His face through my quiet time, prayers, and just noticing Him in everyday things - through the love of my children and husband, a sweet note/thought from a friend and or family member, flowers in bloom and green leaves on the trees, hitting all the green lights when running right on time to pick Sophie up from school (ha!) and of course so many other things. God is just so good to me and I don't want to miss out on anything from Him.

No comments: