One reason I have been out of the loop with my blog is that I volunteered to help with VBS (Vacation Bible School) last week. I helped with the kindergarten class that Sophie was in. The theme for the week was SonWorld Adventure Park and our class name was the Twirling Teacups! The theme was centered around a theme park and the main theme for the week was "Choose Jesus!" It was so cute and the kids had so much fun. They had assembly, art class, snack time, lesson time, recreation, music class, and closing assembly each day. Each day every child got a "ticket" that they got to put on a necklace that they took it home at the end of the week. Each ticket had a different theme - Choose to Believe, Choose to Act, Choose Forgiveness, Choose to Obey, and Choose Jesus. The kids just loved the necklaces and were so excited Friday when they got to take them home. They also got to do lots of fun art projects during the week and they brought those home on Friday as well. They learned lots of songs and the motions that went along with them. On Friday there was a closing ceremony and they performed the songs and motions for family and friends. The Kindergartners were asked to dress up in cowboy/cowgirl outfits, because the particular song they sung had a "country" sound to it. The kids even got to take home a burned CD of all the songs. We listened to the CD every morning and every afternoon on the way to and from VBS. Sophie just loved the music and motions! Everyday when we would get home she would go into her room and close the door and have VBS time where she was the teacher! It was so cute and such a blessing to see how much she loved it. I got to lead her group to each activity and be a part of it with them. We had a group of 11 and they were adorable! It was so neat to see their eyes light up when they sang songs and made art projects that helped them learn about God's love for them. It was such a wonderful way for me to spend my week and I feel so fortunate that I got to spend this precious time with Sophie. I know that one day I'll more than likely have to go back to work and I feel so blessed that I get to be with her experiencing these things with her right now.
"God sent His Son to be the Savior of the World. If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and He in God." 1 John 4:14-15
Sunday, June 22, 2008
VBS - what a blessing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sounds like y'all had a great week of VBS. I feel the same way...blessed to spend these precious years with my son! Have fun in Hawaii! I'm checking my schedule about lunch! I'll email you soon.
xoxo
I love the name twirling teacups- how cute is that! Enjoy Hawaii!! We'll definitely need to see some pictures when we get back.
How cute! Glad everyone had a good time. Have fun in Hawaii! Can't wait to hear about it when you get back - it ought to be an adventure!
I'm glad VBS was great! Sophie is at a great age to enjoy everything about it. Have a fun trip!
Post a Comment