Well...I have neglected my blog for a few days! I hope that I still have some readers out there :-) We have had a lot of fun things going on and now I am busy packing for our trip to Hawaii! We leave later this week and we are so excited about it! We are going with my family - my mom, dad, sister, brother and his family are all going...there will be 11 of us total together! Keep us in your prayers - we leave this Friday. So, trying to pack for a flight with a 15 month old and a 5 1/2 year old? I am used to going to Florida each summer and just throwing everything in the car...we always look like traveling gypsies...so I am having to downsize. In my carry on bag I am packing single doses of benadryl (doctor said it was ok) to make the flight a little easier and restful for Luke. I am also packing some new toys (small and not too noisy ones) that Luke and Sophie have never played with and coloring books and triangle crayons - so they won't roll off the tray on the plane. If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know! I am also packing extra clothes, lots of snacks, and we are going to have a portable DVD player. So here's hoping to a safe, happy, and peaceful flight!! I will have lots of family with me to help and Sophie will be sitting with her cousins Rachel (10) and Sarah (8) so she will be in heaven! She loves those two girls so much!
Sophie took some swimming lessons in preparation for our trip to Hawaii so she would be ready for the pool! She has taken them every summer for the past few years, but this year she did really well and came so far in two weeks. I was so proud of her! It might have helped that she had a young guy as an instructor! His name was James and she was delighted to see him each day :-) You will see photos below of her swimming lessons on the last night.
"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."
Psalm 37:4
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Busy! Busy! Busy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm very jealous! I hope ya'll have a fabulous trip!!!
I can't wait to hear about the trip!
Have fun and eat lots of pineapple!
Post a Comment